A CORRECT MAP OF THE ISLAND OF MINORCA 'by John Armstrong Esquire Engineer in Ordinary to his Majesty with Many Additions and Improvements FROM THE LATE SURVEYS.'
Copper engraving with original hand colour. From, 'A New and Elegant Imperial Sheet Atlas, Comprehending General and Particular Maps of Every Part of the World'. Published by Laurie and Whittle, 'as the ACT Directs' No. 53 Fleet Street London, 1794 (1814).
Image size: 445 x 550mm.
Fairly good condition. A firm impression and the colour is bright and attractive. Some faint staining along vertical axis: see image. Generous borders.
'Minorca was Conquered upon the Spaniards in 1708 by General Stanhope, and ceded to Great Britain by the Peace of Utrecht in 1713. It was taken by the French in 1756, and restored in 1763.'
The map has four large insets, showing North Prospect of Mahon, North East Prospect of St. Philips Castle, Harbour of Mahon, Balearic Islands in relation to Spanish and North African coastline.
Please contact us if you require any further information.