Church of St Piran, Cornwall. Doorway and Font in Peranzabuloe Church.
Unsigned watercolour drawing. Undated, but estimated to be circa 1850.
Image size: 10" x 7"
Generally very good condition.
St Piran’s Church, Penhallow is arguably the most significant church in Cornwall because of its direct connection with St Piran, the patron saint of Tin Miners. The present church contains many features from the 11th Century church brought over from Perran sands; its font, pulpit, rear screen, pew ends, pillar finials, window tracery, three sections of the original tower and the ‘Celtic face’ above the south door. The churchyard contains the original stone cross fashioned, as legend has it, by St Piran himself, to sit on the original 5th Century oratory. The graveyard also contains the significant war graves of those who lost their lives at Penhale Camp in the second World War. See: http://www.achurchnearyou.com/perranzabuloe-st-piran/
£25.00 - inc. VAT. Plus P&P if required.