Greenwich & Environs
Blackheath and Kidbrooke
Colour printed lithograph published by George Philip & Son, circa 1891.
Image size: 6 1/8" x 7 3/4" plus margins.
Very good condition throughout, original vertical central fold, as issued.
An elusive map showing Blackheath, Blackheath Village, Lee, Lee Green, and the Parish of Kidbooke extending to Eltham Common to the south east.
Kidbooke, being at that time on both the edge of London and the edge of Kent, is seldom found depicted on a map in such detail and clarity as this. The present day Kidbrooke Park Road, is here shown marked as Kidbrooke Park meandering into Kidbrooke Lane. The agricultural is clearly denoted by the presence of Manor Farm and Lower Kidbrooke Farm.